Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What dreams may come...

I had met with J. by coincidence, it was new year's eve and she was alone, she wanted to buy her mother some earrings. We had a lot of alcohol and drugs so we decided to waste time together. We were in an apartment room I fashioned was mine I suppose, where we watched several old Nickelodeon sitcoms. She had started taking the drugs, some strange licorice-like substance I couldn't recognize. She laid on my stomach and started to rub my legs, I rubbed her feet for a little while until my friend Herman walked in. She went to the bathroom and I went out to talk to him in the meanwhile. After some idle chatter we decided that we should all be out that night and that he was happy things were finally going better for me. I think i was too. When I returned to the room, J. was out of the bathroom and on the bed, she was sickly pale after consuming more of the drugs. I helped her up, she said she still wanted to run around town and make something of it, so we did. Herman had left already so it was just us, we ate at some sushi restaurant and after that she went around putting up fake fliers and restaurant caveats around different restaurants. It was funny, she laughed like a child, so did I. We were both scared. She had taken more drugs and after this particular dosage she somehow lost her legs and became the size of a doll. I picked her up before she hit the ground and put her in a sort of yellow manila folder and took her back to the apartment. After some brief dialogue I put her into the fridge where we agreed she could feel better. This is where things get strange(r?). I sit on the bed and Herman makes his way into the room drunkenly, I explain the situation, he says we should hide all of the drugs and leave her there until morning and that the rest of us should go out, I reluctantly agree and tell J. about our plans. I put her up to my ear, she thanks me and says she feels safe with me and that her mother's earrings can wait until tomorrow, so can everything else. While we're hiding everything outside the room I hear something fall over, I rush back in to see her emaciated and naked sitting on a chair drinking from a bottle of some white alcohol, she laughs like a maniac, my heart drops, time stops, and I wake up.

It was the most depressing dream I've had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment